case of allergy to wheat
any products with one of the following ingredients :
any variety of wheat, barley, oats, rye, spelt wheat, starch, modified starch
and unspecified starchy ingredients, wheat protein.
medicines and cosmetics products may contain wheat. It is therefore
required that your physician or your pharmacist check up the composition
before delivering any of them.
rice, soybeans, buckwheat, manioc, quinoa and derivatives
(starch, flour, starchy derivatives, cream desserts, semolina).
• Tapioca, "corn flour" (Maïzena),
• Fresh potatoes, precooked under vacuum, frozen French fries, potato chips.
• Potato starch.
cream milk, 1/2 cream milk, skimmed milk, powdered milk,
• Yogurts, soft white cheese, plain, sweet or fruity "Petits Suisses".
• Hard cheeses : Gruyère, Comté, Cantal, Hollande, Bombel,
St Paulin, Tome.
• Fermented cheeses : Camembert, Brie, Coulommiers.
industrial milk-based preparations : custards, cream desserts,
jellied milks (*).
• Some cheese spreads.
meat, frozen meat, without seasoning, preserved in brine.
• Boiled ham, Parma ham, bacon, shoulder, streaky bacon, smoked, potted
meat (rillettes), pickled, plain foie gras.
• Fresh fish, uncooked frozen, non-coated with breadcrumbs.
• Shell fish, seafood, squid/octopus.
BREADCRUMB, FRITTER or CRUST-COATED preparations, industrially
prepared meals, pâtés and galantines, dried
sausage, garlic sausage, salami, saveloy, chorizo, black
or white blood sausage. Purée, liver mousse. Foie
gras. Industrial stuffing.
• Meat or fish quenelles.
or dried, uncooked frozen, preserved in brine.
cooked, stewed, frozen.
• Dried fruit, plain chestnuts.
pure fruit/pure sugar jams and jellies, fruit syrups, honey,
liquid caramel, acid drops, plain cocoa.
sugared almonds, chocolate (*), powdered chocolates, icing
butter, Végétaline, lard, fresh cream.
fat butter, cream or margarine (*).
and frozen spices (salt, whole pepper, garlic, onions, parsley).
• Vinegar, gherkins.
pepper, ground spices, mustard
/ carbonated water, fruit juices, sodas, lemonade.
• Coffee, tea, chicory, herbal teas made with whole plants.
• Wine, cocktails, alcohol, digestives (including whisky, vodka, gin).
beer-shandy, powdered drinks and herbal teas.
Products may contain wheat flour, carefully read the label of
each packet bought.
Service de Médecine D
Médecine interne - Immunologie Clinique et Allergologie
29, Av. de Lattre de Tassigny
54035 NANCY Cedex - France
Vol 3 - n° 14
back to avoidance diet